When it comes to one of the best means of sending money or receiving money from one bank account to another, there is no way you won’t mention zelle as it is one of the fastest means of domestic money transfer.
On the other hand, Digital Federal Credit Union(DCU) provides consumers with Consumer banking and lending services – including checking, savings, mortgages, equity loans, auto loans, credit cards, and many more.
In this article we’ll be looking if at all dcu do work with zelle as one of the means of sending money and also receiving money for their customers.
Does dcu have zelle?
The answer is no. Dcu doesn’t have zelle and which you can’t send or to receive money to your dcu account.
As long as dcu doesn’t support zelle pay at the moment, there is no way you can receive money from zelle to your dcu account because for you to receive from zelle, you have to first create a zelle account.
Let’s hope later this year Digital Federal Credit Union(DCU) will partner with zelle as a means of sending and receiving money.
My bank don’t have zelle what do I need to do
If your bank don’t have zelle just like duc don’t have zelle, you simply have to use an eligible debit Visa card or debit Mastercard to enroll with zelle.
According to zelle;
But, even if you don’t have Zelle available through your bank or credit union, you can still use it! Simply download the Zelle app in the App Store or Google Play and enroll an eligible Visa or Mastercard debit card. After you enroll, you can send and receive money with confidence to almost anyone you trust.
Since dcu don’t have zelle, through the bank debit card you can still enroll with zelle and in turn send or receive money through zelle.
How to enroll with zelle
Being your first time, you have to tap on the sign up button or get started button, and you can choose to allow zelle to send notifications to your phone.
On the next screen, kindly enter your mobile number and tap on the continue button. On the next page enter all your basic information and you are good to go. It doesn’t take more than two minutes to complete the steps and have your account enrolled with zelle.
How to send money from Digital Federal Credit Union(DCU) account
As Digital Federal Credit Union(DCU) have online banking which makes it lot easier to send money from your Digital Federal Credit Union(DCU) account.
To send money from your Digital Federal Credit Union(DCU) account;
- First login to your online banking account using your user ID and password.
- On the next screen chose the account you have with Digital Federal Credit Union(DCU).
- Next is to select transfer, enter the details of the transaction and remember to enter your memo.
- Finally tap on the submit button.
Yoi will receive a successful message on your screen if the transaction was a successful one.
How to schedule an automatic recurring transfer on DCU account
To schedule an automatic recurring transfer on DCU account is lot easier and works perfectly fine, thanks to online banking as you don’t even need to go to the bank to do to schedule an automatic recurring transfer on DCU account.
To get started;
- Select Make/Schedule a Transfer from the Transfers dropdown menu shown on your dcu online banking account page.
- Select your From and To accounts.
- You need to Check Repeat to set this up as a recurring transfer, then select your frequency, the start date, and if the case may be, select the end date.
- Kindly Enter the amount you want to transfer.
- You can choose to enter an optional memo or probably leave it empty. Kindly note that the memo will appear with your transaction each time the transfer occurs.
- Finally select Schedule Transfer
How to send money via zelle
To send money via zelle, open the zelle mobile app and enter the email address or the phone number of the recipient.
Enter the amount you want to send to the recipient and hit on the send button. It will be lot easier and faster if the recipient has already enrolled with zelle as the money will go directly into the recipient bank account, typically in one minute.
However, if they recipient is not enrolled with zelle, the recipient will get a notification explaining how to receive the money simply and quickly.
Now you have to let the recipient know that he or she will have to use the phone number or email address which you sent the money to, to enroll with zelle. The truth is zelle will give them the necessary steps on how to get started with them.
Zelle send limit
Zelle send limit is $500 per week and for those whose bank or credit union doesn’t have zelle.
For example, as dcu don’t have zelle, the maximum weekly send limit for your zelle account will be $500 and that which cannot be exceeded.
So that simply means zelle monthly send limit is $2000 and and for those whose bank or credit union doesn’t have zelle.
When it comes to receiving money from zelle, there is no limit at all as it is unlimited and you can receive money through zelle from different persons.
Digital Federal Credit Union quick overview
Digital Federal Credit Union popularly known as DCU, is a not-for-profit financial cooperative owned and administered by and for its members.
In October of 1979, DCU received its charter. Since then, more than 700 businesses and organizations have chosen DCU as their credit union. In all 50 states, DCU serves over 900,000 members and their families.
DCU, based in Marlborough, Massachusetts, is the largest credit union headquartered in New England by assets and ranks in the top 20 credit unions in the US.
DCU members can access their accounts via the Internet, ATMs, phone, community branches in Massachusetts and New Hampshire, and thousands of CO-OP Shared Branch locations across the country. In fact, nearly half of DCU members never visit a branch.
Some of the services they offer includes;
- Checking, savings, mortgages, equity loans, auto loans, credit cards, and other consumer banking and lending services
- Checking, savings, commercial and business loans, and credit cards are all available through business banking and lending services.
- DCU insurance – In numerous states, independent insurance agency providing auto, home, liability, and other property and casualty coverage.
- DCU Realty is a full-service real estate firm having offices in Massachusetts and New Hampshire, as well as relocation and other services in other states.
And once again, does dcu have zelle? The answer is no. Dcu credit union doesn’t have zelle.