When it comes to the fastest way to receive money and to send money, there is no way you shouldn’t mention zelle except if your bank or financial institution doesn’t support it.
Right now in 2022, almost all banks and non bank financial institutions support the use of Zelle as one their means of sending and receiving money. Now the question is what of becu?
Does becu have zelle?
The answer is yes. Becu do have zelle and which you can use it to transfer money or to receive money into your account.
According to the financial institution;
BECU has partnered with Zelle so you can easily send money to friends, family and other people you know and trust.2 All it takes is an email address or US mobile phone number, and with a few taps, you can send money to almost anyone with a bank account in the US.
This alone answer the question of the day, does becu have zelle. Now the next will be how to use zelle on becu but before thar let me explain to you what zelle is all about and how it works.
What is zelle?
Zelle is a mobile payment software that enables for a peer-to-peer (P2P) money transfers, which makes it a lot easier to pay for products and services, and also to move funds without having to deal with cash or going to the bank to make a deposit.
It was stated that in 2019 alone, Zelle users transferred $187 billion, up 57% compared from the previous year. This is to show you how popular zelle is though it is mostly in the United States.
So far more than 30 major U.S. banks collaborated to create Zelle, which is available as a separate app for users to download to their smartphones.
Zelle service is also available through major partnering banks’ mobile banking apps, including Bank of America, Chase, Citi, and Wells Fargo. Zelle can be used immediately away by customers who already have their bank’s mobile app.
How zelle works
One of the best features of zelle is that when you sent money using Zelle, the money is sent immediately from your bank account to the recipient bank account.
Normally, when it comes to money transfer, account numbers are required to initiate most financial transfers between bank accounts, and sometimes these transactions might take up to several business days to be posted to the stated account,
Right now this is longer the case and thanks to Zelle, which allows customers to move fund from one bank account to another in a matter of minutes and in a seamlessly way.
All you need is the recipient’s email address or phone number to start a transfer.
Zelle notifies the recipient through text or email that a payment is on the way, along with a link to accept it. If the recipient’s bank is a participating partner, all the recipient has to do is register for the service using an email address or phone number on their bank’s website or mobile app.
The recipient can accept the payment after registering, while first-time users may have to wait up to three days for payment.
Even if the recipient’s bank isn’t a Zelle participant, they can still get the money by downloading the Zelle mobile app, enrolling with an email or phone number, and inserting a debit card.
For zelle and becu, When someone sends money to your enrolled zelle email address or cellphone number, Zelle looks up the email address or a Cellphone phone number in its “directory” and will inturn notifies BECU of the incoming payment or transfer. BECU will then direct the payment straight into your account within few minutes of receiving the payment, all while keeping your sensitive account details private.
Does becu have zelle?
Yes becu have zelle and which you can easily send money to your friends and family, and receive funds into your account.
How do I set up Zelle with BECU?
To set up Zelle with BECU, first you have to enroll for BECU mobile banking app and Online Banking. After you must have enrolled your account for mobile banking app or online banking, follow these steps to set your zelle with BECU.
FOR MOBILE BANKING APP
- Kindly open becu mobile banking app on your cellphone and you will be on the home page.
- Immediately it loads the login screen or you see the login screen, please enter you becu online banking app username and password and click Log In.
- Click Payments. Next you will see on your screen will be a Welcome screen.
- On the Welcome to Zelle screen, click Get Started.
- Read the Terms and Conditions. To accept the Terms and Conditions, click Accept and Continue.
- You’ll be presented with an option to either (1) select an email or mobile number from a list, and click Continue or (2) enroll a specific email or mobile number.
- If you select to enroll a mobile number, read the Notice Regarding Receiving Text Messages, and click Continue.
- Enter the verification code sent to you and select Verify.
- On the Choose Primary Account page, select the account you would like to use as Primary, and click Continue.
- Enrollment is complete. From the Congratulations screen you can Send Money, View Activity or Add another email or mobile number.
FOR ONLINE BANKING
After you must have enrolled for becu online banking, follow the steps below to to set up Zelle with BECU.
- Log in to Online Banking.
- Click Payments on the Welcome screen.
- Click Send Money. You can also click Go under Send Money with Zelle.
- On the Welcome to Zelle screen, click Get Started.
- Kindly read the Terms and Conditions. To accept the Terms and Conditions, click Accept and Continue.
- You will be presented an option to either (1) select an email or mobile number from a list (and click Continue) or (2) enroll a specific email or mobile number.
- If you select to enroll a mobile number, read the Notice Regarding Receiving Text Messages. Click Continue.
- Enter the verification code sent to you and press Verify.
- On the Choose Primary Account page, click the account you would like to use as Primary and click Continue.
- Enrollment is complete! From the Congratulations screen you can Send Money, View Activity or Add another email or mobile number.
And that’s it. You have successfully set up Zelle with your becu account.
After you have successfully enrolled or set up your becu account with zelle, it’s now time to send money and to receive money through zelle.
How to send money on becu using Zelle
Below is how you can easily send money from your becu account using Zelle after you must have set up your account with zelle.
1. LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT: This is the first and foremost, kindly open the mobile banking app or online banking and login to your becu account. Right there you will see PAYMENT, kindly click on payment.
2. FIRST TIME USING ZELLE: If it is your very first time using Zelle to send money from your becu account, you need to view and accept terms and conditions. Very much compulsory.
Next is to accept text messages and select the becu account you want to use for Zelle transactions in case you have multiple accounts.
Enter or review your email address or cell phone number you used when setting up Zelle with your becu account.
3. SEND MONEY: Select Send Money and Add a contact or select the email or mobile phone number of an existing contact.
When adding a contact, enter the name and email or probably the cell phone number of the recipient or the person which you want to send money to. Afterwards the information will be saved as a contact in your account.
4. THE AMOUNT: Next is to enter the amount you’d like to send to the recipient, and you also have an option to include a note if you want to.
5. FINALIZE THE TRANSACTION: This is the last step to take, to finalize the transaction. So kindly review all you entered and make sure they are all correct and click Send. If your recipient is already enrolled with zelle, it will be a lot better simply because they will receive notification of your payment and the fund will be available in their account, typically within minutes.
However, if they are not already enrolled with Zelle, your recipient gets an email or text instructing them to enroll so they can receive the payment.
This tells you that your and your recipient must enroll with zelle in order to send and to receive money through zelle.
When will the money be available?
Kindly know that money sent using Zelle is usually available to enrolled users within minutes. This is why it is commendable to request your the recipient to first enroll with zelle in order to receive the fund faster without any further delay.
Remember to ask the recipient to use the phone number or the email address you sent the money to in opening an account with zelle. Once they recipient enrolled with zelle, he or she will receive the fund.
How much to send from becu account?
The minimum amount BECU allows you to send with Zelle is $5, while the maximum amount becu allow you to send with Zelle per day is $2,000.
Lastly, the maximum amount we allow you to send with Zelle in a 30-day period is $7,500
This is all I have for on the question of the day, does becu have zelle. However, I recommend you to contact becu for more inquiries and information based on their partnership with zelle.